Thursday 25 April 2024

Scream 6 (4 Stars)


I missed the latest instalment of the Scream franchise when it was in the cinema last year. If I remember correctly, I was in bed sick for a few days. It happens. This week I finally ordered it on Blu-ray. I didn't even wait for the price to fall to my eight Euro maximum. I was so impatient that I paid a whopping 9.99 Euros for the disc.

I shan't write much tonight, because I intend to watch it again soon. I felt like I was missing something. It continues from "Scream 2022" aka "Scream 5", with the same characters. I can only vaguely remember their back stories, so I need to watch the two films back to back. What I do remember is that the music – a vital element of the first four films – was scaled down in the last film, but in "Scream 6" it's been cut to an absolute minimum. That's not good. It's also not good that Neve Campbell is missing from the cast. Maybe she's had enough after 27 years of screaming.

The premise of "Scream 6" is that the teenagers from Woodsboro have gone to study in New York City, and the killer has followed them there. Actually, he hasn't followed them anywhere, because every film has a different killer under the mask. Who is it this time? It could be anyone, even your best friend.


Truer words have never been spoken. But to stop me missing something, there's the excellent web site Aftercredits.com that I always check before I go to the cinema.

Success Rate:  + 3.1

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.