Sunday 5 November 2017

Shanghai Knights (5 Stars)


There's not really any pattern to when I watch or rewatch my favourite films. Sometimes I forget a film for years. An example is "American Werewolf in Paris", which I recently watched for the first time in seven years. Now I'm returning to "Shanghai Knights" after only six weeks.


It's good to see another side of Donnie Yen's acting abilities. In most of his films, including "Ip Man", which I watched yesterday, he plays the good guy. In "Shanghai Knights" he shows that he can also be a villain.

Aaron Johnson in 2003
Aaron Johnson in 2015
How many of my readers recognise Aaron Johnson as the actor who has gone on to portray Quicksilver in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Time flies.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.