Wednesday 19 September 2018

Video of the Day: Johnny Johnny Vaikai Vaikams


YouTube Channel: Ly Ly Studio TV

Here's a little insight into my daily routine. My life doesn't only revolve around films and Marvel comics. Every morning, Monday to Friday, I look after my grandson Oliver while my daughter is at work. Sometimes I take him for a walk, if the weather is good. Sometimes I play with this train set. But one thing I do every day is watch videos with him on YouTube. Mostly they're children's videos. Sometimes they're videos of trains.

Since YouTube videos have become a big part of my life over the last 12 months, I think it's fitting that I write a little about the videos that impress me most. I shan't write about a video every day. I'll only do it when one of the videos I've watched stands out.

Children's videos are big business. YouTube pays $2000 dollars for every one million views. That might seem like a lot of views, but the video I'm reviewing today was uploaded yesterday, and it already has 7.7 million views. $15,000 earnings in one day is good money.

The creator, Ly Ly Studio TV, doesn't seem to be very experienced in the principles of making videos. They've uploaded 15 videos in the last two days, and all of them have the same name. According to the channel data they're based in Germany, but that's obviously not where the videos were made. Judging by street signs my guess is that they were filmed in Vietnam.


The video is 18 minutes long, which is longer than most children's videos. It begins with three boys sitting in school. They're wearing Spider-Man costumes. That must the school uniform in Vietnam. Their teacher asks them to colour pictures of clowns.


The two boys on the left are praised for their work. The boy on the right is told he did it wrong. I can't see what's wrong with his picture. Maybe the teacher thinks that clowns should wear pink trousers.


But then everything becomes dramatic. The teacher turns into an evil clown. The boys chase her into the street and have to catch her by firing their spider webs at her.


The next scene. A boy and girl are sitting at home watching television. They see pictures of garbage on the beaches. They feel motivated to go out and pick up garbage in the street. That's a good message for children like my grandson, isn't it?


Are those rice fields? I 'm not an expert in things like that.


They dutifully put the garbage in cans at the roadside.


But things don't turn out well. They meet a policewoman who tells them they should be in school, not picking up garbage.


The policewoman takes them to school to give them a lesson on the evils of skipping school.


The boy puts on his Spider-Man costume, like all good Vietnamese schoolboys. My school uniform was a lot more boring.


Now the school teacher puts on a Spider-Man costume to continue the lessons about colours and exotic animals. Or is it the policewoman? They look the same to me.

Is it a good video? It's disjointed, and parts of it don't make sense, but I still find it visually appealing. My grandson loves it. He sat through the whole 18 minutes watching in deep concentration. And more than anything else, it's a commercial success. When I began to write this review the video had 7.7 million views, and it's up to 8.4 million views now. By the time you read this it will probably be more.

Click here to watch the video.

Don't worry, my next video reviews won't be as long as this. Not all children's videos are as epic as this one. Nearly all of the videos I review will be children's videos, because they're the ones I watch the most. I might throw in a few others. I'll see what I do as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.