Tuesday 24 October 2023

Climax (4½ Stars)


This is a film that's impossible to describe in words. It's hypnotic, first in a beautiful way, and then it dips into chaos. So much of the film is ugly, and yet it fascinates me. I almost feel guilty when I say how much I like it.


The first time I reviewed the film after seeing it at the Fantasy Film Festival, I recommended that it should be watched while you're slightly intoxicated. Tipsy, not drunk. I didn't do that today. I should have. It's a film to be watched while you're slightly out of control, so that you can lose yourself in the chaos. Also make sure you're in a dark room with the volume turned up as loud as you dare. The alcohol will make you take more risks.

Success Rate:  - 1.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.