Sunday 29 October 2023

Veneciafrenia (5 Stars)


I watched "Veneciafrenia" two days ago, but after waiting so long to see it I had to watch it again as soon as possible. It's an incredible non-slasher film. What's most shocking is that the Jester can kill his victims in public, because the tourists think it's all a show. When Arantza lies dying on the bridge everyone applauds, saying that the blood looks realistic.

Two days ago I watched the film in Spanish with English subtitles. Today I watched the film dubbed into English. It was awful! The voices of the older characters sound much too young, and there's no emotion in any of the voices. Did they pick up strangers from the street as voice actors? They should be ashamed of themselves.

In a way, it's a shame that the film isn't a real slasher movie. The character of the Jester is so terrifying that I'd like to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.