Friday 31 January 2020

A Quiet Place (5 Stars)


When I last reviewed this film I said that it's best viewed on a large screen in a dark cinema. I still consider that to be true, but today I watched it on a relatively small screen, probably 32", with my son, and I still enjoyed it. The key to enjoying the film is that the room should be pitch black, and there should be absolute silence.

The Earth has been invaded by aggressive creatures, presumably flesh eaters. "A Quiet Place" follows the story of just one family that's living in a house in the woods. They're by themselves, isolated from the rest of the world, struggling to survive. The creatures are blind, but they have very sensitive hearing. They can move fast, so anyone who makes a noise is dead. Anyone who talks is dead, so the family communicates by sign language.

The film takes place on the 472nd and 473rd days of the invasion. A second film, "A Quiet Place 2", will be released next month. Judging by the trailer it will be a prequel, beginning on the first day of the invasion. That will make the film a lot louder.

Success Rate:  + 18.1

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.