Monday 6 July 2020

Wine: Eberbach-Schäfer Spätburgunder-Lemberger

The mixture of the Spätburgunder grapes and the Lemberger grapes is something I've never come across before. It's a mixture of opposites: the light taste of Spätburgunder and the strong fruity taste of the Lemberger. I have to say, they blend together well. The result is an exotic taste that leaves me wanting more. It's not a wine to sip, it's a wine to drink a whole bottle.

This medium dry mixture of Spätburgunder and Lemberger has a fine aroma of blackberries, raspberries, cherries, carnations, burnt almonds and violets. It tastes fruity with an underlying sweetness, very silky, charming and playful.

That's what the experts say, but I'd sum up this wine in one word: powerful. It's a wine that I'll be returning to soon.

I don't write repeated reviews of the wines that I drink. Maybe I should just make a note of what I drink. I should keep a wine diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.