Saturday 12 December 2020

Wine: Nunc Est Bibendum Riesling

This is the second Nunc Est Bibendum wine that I've sampled. I still don't know anything about the brand, except that the wine is bottled at the Besigheimer Felsengarten. It definitely doesn't taste like their other wines. It has the typical crisp taste of other Riesling wines, but it's not a subtle wine. It has a very brash taste, but by that I don't mean it's a bad wine. I'd call this a wine to be drunk by people who don't usually drink wine. It has a simple taste that's easy to enjoy, not sweet but not too dry. You don't have to think about it, just knock back a glass and enjoy it. Or two glasses. Or more.

I can imagine Lestat and Nicolas drinking this wine while discussing ethics and philosophy in their castle. They would have been concentrating on their talk, not the wine itself, but it would have had the desired effect as they reached their golden moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.