Monday 14 December 2020

Wine: Klenert Riesling

This was the second wine in the online wine tasting that I wrote about yesterday. It's not the first time I've drunk this wine. I tried it a year ago and enjoyed it greatly. It has a dry crisp taste, which reminds me of the Württemberg Riesling wines. Riesling is the grape most commonly grown in Germany, in every wine growing area. The vintner, David Klenert, pointed out that the Riesling grapes greatly vary from one area to another as a result of the earth they grow in.

He claims that the Riesling is more acidic than the Grauburgunder, but it seems the opposite to me. That's probably because the Riesling has less of a lasting aftertaste.

This is the Klenert wine that I enjoy the most, even if it's not the wine that won an award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.