Monday 21 December 2020

Wine: Nunc Est Bibendum Trollinger-Lemberger

This is the third Nunc Est Nibendum wine that I've bought after the Riesling and the Schwarzriesling. As far as I know, these are the only three wines sold using this label. Trollinger and Lemberger are the two most commonly mixed grapes in Württemberg. They have contrasting tastes that complement one another deliciously.

This is a wine with a very heavy taste, the opposite of the light taste of the Schwarzriesling. It's also heavier than the Eberbach-Schäfer Trollinger-Lemberger, which is the only mix of these grapes that I've drunk recently. (Yes, I know it's been more than a year since I wrote about it, but I've often drunk the wine since then).

I don't know why this wine is heavier than the mixture from other vineyards, but I don't like it. I've never been a fan of heavy red wines. It's possible that I'll drink the other Nunc Est Bibendum wines again, but not this one. Let's see if I change my mind after finishing the bottle over the next few days.
Today is the winter solstice, the shortest day and longest night of the year. It's also the darkest day, so here's something to make you think of summer.


These aren't just four random Japanese girls in a pool, they're the J-Pop girl group AeLL, who made two albums during their brief existence from 2011 to 2014. They were a theme group whose songs were about protecting the environment. Most importantly, one of their members was Ai Shinozaki. For the unvitiated among my readers, she's the third from the left, the girl in the light blue bikini with pink and white dots. Here are a few more photos from the same photo session:






Ai Shinozaki is at the back in the group photos. This is her modesty at work. She doesn't want to dominate the photos as the most beautiful girl in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.