Tuesday 18 May 2021

Deadpool (5 Stars)



I'm a big fan of Marvel comics. I'm also a fan of Marvel's films, though maybe not to the same extent. I silently curse whenever a comic book character is changed in the films, whether it's his clothes, his powers or his personality.

I own a lot of Marvel films on Blu-ray. I'm too lazy to count at the moment, but it must be about 40. Some are weak, like the Hulk films, while most are excellent. I'm quite surprised with myself, in retrospect, that I've only included five Marvel films in my top 100 film list. This is the first of the five in my countdown so far; I'll keep you in suspense what the other four are. Still, I think that more of the films should have been included, if only in the lower part of my list. I'll fix this mistake eventually. At my current speed I'll probably finish my countdown by September. I'll post a corrected list as soon as possible after that. I shan't let you down. I hope.

Deadpool is a character who was introduced to Marvel comics in 1991, which I consider to be the post-canon age. That means that the accuracy in his portrayal is less important to me. Nevertheless, judging from the few comics I've read with his adventures, the film seems to be an accurate portrayal of his character in the comics.


Stan Lee does a cameo as a disc jockey in the strip club where Deadpool's girlfriend Vanessa works. After Stan Lee died in 2018 I decided to rewatch all of the Marvel films, emphasising Stan Lee's cameo appearances. I started with the Spider-Man films, the Fantastic Four films and "Daredevil", after which I worked my way through the MCU films up to his death. I omitted the X-Men films initially, but I intended to come back to them later in 2019. Then I forgot them. I'll come back to them later this year, as long as I don't forget them again. "Deadpool" is considered to be an X-Men spin off film, as shown by the guest appearances of Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Nuff said!

Success Rate:  + 11.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.