Tuesday 14 May 2024

The Mummy Returns (4½ Stars)


I didn't just buy "The Mummy" last month. I bought a box set with the three Mummy films starring Brendan Fraser, The previous release of "The Mummy Returns" also suffered from having below average picture quality, but the remastered version I watched today is perfect. See how handsome Arnold Vosloo looks in the title role. If you like that sort of thing.


I prefer Rachel Weisz, who plays Rick O'Connell's wife Evelyn. Yes, she's his wife. They met in the last film, but now they're married and live in an exquisite mansion. He probably bought it with the money from selling his treasures. He wouldn't be able to afford a house like that from his Foreign Legion pension.


And what about Patricia Velasquez as the Mummy's resurrected lover Anck-Su-Namun? Most people would say that Rachel Weisz looks cuter, but I'm biased. I like bad girls.


Overall I consider that "The Mummy Returns" is just as good as the first film, but I have to deduct half a star because of the messy CGI in the final scene. It wasn't necessary to portray Dwayne Johnson as a human-scorpion hybrid. 


This is what he should look like: a mighty warrior. He doesn't need scorpion claws to fight. All he needs is the People's Elbow.

Now I just have to watch the third film, and I'll be up to date,

Success Rate:  + 2.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.