Tuesday 5 March 2019

Escape Room (3 Stars)


Six people are invited to take part in an escape room game. That's a type of game that's become popular in recent years, in which the first person to get out of a locked room, using clues and hidden objects, wins a prize. The games sound like fun. I don't know whether I'd be skilled enough to win, but I'd enjoy taking part.

The six people gather in the waiting room of the Minos Escape Room facility in Chicago. One of the people becomes suspicious and wants to leave, but he can't. The waiting room is already part of the trap.

Rather than being in a single escape room, it's a series of escape rooms, and the participants have to progress from one room to the next. They soon find out that the rooms are lethal. Anyone who doesn't escape from a room dies. Some rooms are too hot to survive, some are too cold, and others have holes in the floor with fatal drops.

The film is scary, but the plot isn't satisfying. For most of the film it's a typical last-man-standing film, with one person dying in each room and the others progressing to the next. I made a guess at the beginning who would survive to the end, and I was almost right. That's all I'll say about it.

If you're looking for a film to scare you and you don't care much about the plot, go and see it. Many will enjoy it, but it's not a film for me. I need something with more of a story to it. The film is successful, with a +11 success rate so far, and it's still in the cinemas.

P. S. The film poster that I've shown above has nothing to do with the film itself, but I think it looks pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.