Wednesday 20 March 2019

Off-Topic: Birmingham Holiday Aftermath


Today I returned to Germany from England. So much for my good intentions! I promised to post a holiday photo every day, but I didn't. More to the point, I couldn't. The last time I visited England my daughter had a laptop which I could have used to make small daily posts. Now she doesn't. She just has an Ipad, which is very awkward for blog posts. It doesn't have a USB port for me to stick in my flash drive with the various utilities that I use for creating blog posts. I could use the Ipad for watching Netflix (unfortunately with a painfully small screen), but that was about it. I made up for the small size by holding the screen close to my face. In my free hours I was watching the third season of "Gotham", the third season of "Bates Motel" and the first season of "After Life".



These are three photos of the sunset taken from the plane window as I returned. It's amazing that they turned out so well with my mobile phone. They have a surreal quality. I like them.


And no holiday is complete without meeting Rose Wright, aka Shriker Rose.


One of the highlights of my holiday was visiting the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. Supposedly Birmingham has the world's third largest parade, after New York and Dublin. I don't know what criteria are used to judge the size, but it's certainly a big parade. I took a lot of photos, but this is my favourite. This happy looking Staffy was the most beautiful girl at the parade. But don't tell Rose I said that!

I saw a few films while I was in Birmingham. I'll write brief reviews, backdating them to the dates when I watched them, so my last two weeks won't look so empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.