Friday 30 April 2021

Night Train (5 Stars)



A tale of love and obsession and death.

Maybe this isn't my favourite film, but it's one of the films I've watched more often than any other in the last 10 years (since I started my blog). Something about it draws me in, so that I have to keep returning to it. It's a film that very few people know. It's a Canadian film, and as I've often said, Canadian films aren't taken seriously. But more than that, the genre isn't obvious. Is it a horror film? Not quite. Is it a supernatural film? Almost. Is it a tale of morality? That's getting closer. Everyone is prepared to kill to get what he most desires, whether it's a salesman, an ageing train conductor or a young medical student.

The film was released direct-to-video in 2009. As far as I know, it was never shown on television. It's a film that deserves to be a cult film, but it still hasn't been discovered by film geeks. If you're someone who takes films seriously, please watch it, then tell all your friends about it.

The film is available on Blu-ray in Germany, but it's only available on DVD in America. I hope that it won't go out of print and simply disappear before it's even been discovered.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.