Tuesday 20 April 2021

Death Proof (5 Stars)



Quentin Tarantino calls "Death Proof" his worst film. I disagree. Out of the nine films he's made so far, seven of them have made it into my best films list. "Death Proof" has been included while two others have been omitted. I might have put it even higher in my list if it weren't for one small detail that bothers me. The film has a lot of fake scratches to make it look like an old film from the 1970's. I don't like this. I'm sure it was filmed perfectly and the scratches added later, so the Blu-ray could have offered both versions by including two video tracks. The Angle button on the remote control could switch between them.


That's a terrific T-shirt. I'd love to have it myself, although I admit it wouldn't look as good on me. However, I don't think that its use in the film is random. After making "Kill Bill" Quentin Tarantino said he was considering doing a remake of "Faster Pussycat Kill Kill". This never happened, but "Death Proof" borrows a lot of ideas from "Faster Pussycat Kill Kill", especially in the last 20 minutes. The T-shirt is a subtle hint that most viewers would never notice.

The film is split into two parts. It's like a play in two acts. The second part is incredible. The conversation between the four girls in the car is some of the best dialogue ever written for a film.


Quentin Tarantino has scenes like this in several of his films, in which characters look down into a car. Usually it's the car's trunk, but here the girls are looking under the hood.

In my previous reviews I've written a lot about the naked feet in the film, so much that I promised not to mention feet in my next review. I'll stick to my promise. In this review I shan't mention naked feet, however beautiful they may be and however much I want to suck the girls' toes.

See! I've kept my promise!

Success Rate:  - 1.0

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.