Tuesday 10 September 2013

Man of Steel XXX (4½ Stars)


First of all, let me clear up some confusion. Last year two films were made with this title. I'm reviewing the film made by Axel Braun, published by Vivid Entertainment.

Axel is going from strength to strength. While some of his recent films could be criticised for not having enough of a story, that certainly can't be said of this film. There is a good balance between the sex scenes and the story-telling parts, whether they are talking or action. I don't often read DC comics, but I suspect that this story is based on a recent story arc. I'm afraid I don't know all of the characters. If anyone is a Superman fan, please leave a comment telling me who is who.

Superman accidentally kills Livewire in a battle. Wracked with guilt, he asks Dr. Fate to take his powers away. He returns to Smallville as a normal man. In his absence Lex Luthor, now President of the USA, creates a Superman clone to replace him; a clone under his own control, of course. After Batman and Zatanna plead with Superman to return he decides to get his powers back, but regaining his powers isn't as easy as it was to give them up.

This is Ryan Driller's third film as Superman, and he seems to have settled into the role now. In the first film especially I found his remoteness exaggerated. He's now a lot more "human". This film is also a milestone as the first film in which Superman and Batman meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.