Saturday 4 June 2022

General: My Top 100 Films


Last year in September I published a list of my top 100 films. I actually compiled the list in January 2021. I said at the time that I'd made mistakes in the list, omitting films or placing films too low, but that's not the only problem. My tastes change over time. Sometimes I like film A more than film B, and other times I like film B more than film A. To make up for this I've created a rolling list. (I don't know if that's the right expression). It's a top 100 films list that I'll regularly update whenever I feel differently about films.

This is a link to my current top 100 films list. I shan't quote it in this post, because it won't stay the same for long. It's not significantly different to my January 2021 list. A few films have been shuffled, but my top 10 hasn't changed. Some of the films in the 90's have dropped out to make room for new films. The highest new entry is "IT" in 80th place. (I treat the two chapters as a single film). "Misery", which I watched yesterday, is another new entry in 97th place. I've put a link to my top films list at the top of the right sidebar.

I've made a decision today. At least once a week I'm going to watch one of the films from my top 100. There have been some weeks in which I've watched average quality films every day, which depresses me. I should spend more time watching my favourite films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.