Monday 20 June 2022

Rush Hour (5 Stars)


"Rush Hour" is the ultimate buddy cop movie. Two policemen come together from different sides of the world, with different styles and different attitudes, but both dedicated to fight crime. The film moves seamlessly from action to comedy and back again. When I first presented my top 100 films list it barely made the cut, down in 99th place, but I've decided to move it up a few places. It's a film I can watch again and again.

Earlier this month I said that I'd watch one of my top 100 films every week. I've adjusted that slightly. I'll watch five of my top 100 films every month. That should get me through them all once every two years.


Chris Tucker was raised as a Pentecostal, and a few years ago he founded his own church where he acts as pastor. One of the gimmicks of his church is that the church choir is made up of pregnant women. That's weird. It means that singers are sacked after giving birth, and if they want to get back in the choir they have to get pregnant again fast. But what do you expect from a man with a face as crazy as Chris Tucker?

Success Rate:  + 5.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.