Tuesday 21 June 2022

Rush Hour 2 (5 Stars)


I just looked at my previous reviews of "Rush Hour 2", and I realised that I introduced all of them with a photo of Zhang Ziyi. Maybe I should do something different this time. Or maybe not. She's far more attractive than Jackie Chan or Chris Tucker. If you disagree with me I'll hit you over the head with a printing plate.

"Rush Hour 2" wasn't included in my original top 100 film list. I suspected at the time that I'd made a mistake in omitting it. Now I've made up for it. It's in 92nd place in my new list that I'll publish later today. When I compare the first two films, "Rush Hour 2" has better fight scenes, but "Rush Hour" has more comedy. I can't really say which of the two is a better film, but I've put "Rush Hour" higher in my list. For now, at least. The one thing you can never expect from me as a film blogger is consistency.

The first film was a crime thriller, but "Rush Hour 2" has more of the feeling of an international spy thriller. It begins in Hong Kong, then moves to Los Angeles and finally Las Vegas. The story is about fake money created with genuine printing plates that were stolen from the Shah of Persia. That's the only thing I'd fault in the story: why would the American government allow the Shah to print US dollars? I'll let it go, just this once. Don't bring the printing plates back in "Rush Hour 4". Better still, don't make "Rush Hour 4" at all!


What's made Chris Tucker so happy?


28 Chinese girls in a massage parlour! One for every day in February. But I think Chris is greedy. I'd be happy with Zhang Ziyi for the whole month.

While watching the film I was drinking a bottle of Rolf Willy Samtrot Spätlese, which is currently my favourite wine. I've been so fascinated by the taste that I didn't pay attention to the aroma until today. The bouquet is overpoweringly sweet, much sweeter than the taste itself. I sat smelling it for long minutes before I took my first sip. Strangely, after beginning to drink the wine the smell was no longer as strong. There must be a technical reason for that. I'll drink some more tomorrow and delay the first sip for as long as possible.

Success Rate:  + 1.9

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.