Saturday 8 June 2019

Klaus Schulze: Miditerranean Pads (1990)


Klaus Schulze - Miditerranean Pads

KS Canon 21

Track Listing:

1.Decent Changes 32:38
2. Miditerranean Pads 14:12
3. Percussion Planante 25:01

Notes:
(1) Georg Stettner plays keyboards.
(2) Elfi Schulze sings on "Miditerranean Pads".

Rating: 3½ Stars

This is the 21st solo album recorded by Klaus Schulze. It was a true CD release. The simultaneously released LP omitted the title track, and "Decent Changes" was shortened to 25:15.

I'm sorry to say that I find this album disappointing. Klaus has been recording digital music for a few years, but the midi sounds on this album are so lightweight that I can't register any emotional depth. When I first bought the album I listened to it a lot, simply because it was Klaus Schulze, but even though his name was printed on the cover it didn't sound like Klaus Schulze.

A few years later, when I had my first Internet account, I shared my thoughts about the album in online forums. It seems like I wasn't alone in my disappointment. Other long time Klaus Schulze fans turned away from him when "Miditerranean Pads" was released. A few lone voices praised the album as a majestic new direction for Klaus, but I couldn't agree with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.