Wednesday 26 June 2019

Klaus Schulze: Royal Festival Hall Volume 1 (1992)


Klaus Schulze - Royal Festival Hall Volume 1

KS Canon 24

Track Listing:

1. Yen 44:32
2. Silence and Sequence 24:57

Rating: 4 Stars

This is the 24th solo album recorded by Klaus Schulze. Like "Dresden Performance", it's a hybrid live/studio album. The first track was recorded live at the Royal Festival Hall, London, on 10th September 1991. The second track was recorded in the studio the following year. It's the first of Klaus Schulze's solo albums that was released on CD only. Vinyl is dead, or at least it was dead in 1992.

It's the third of five albums for which Virgin Records refused to sell the copyright and then allowed them to go out of print. If you don't already own the album, I suggest that you download it in MP3 format and actively share it with others, in order to protest against Virgin Records' marketing strategy. When they eventually give in and re-release it (or sell the copyright) you can buy a legal copy.

I haven't listened to this album for a few years. It wasn't that I disliked it, it's just that I prefer Klaus Schulze's other albums. I've heard that a lot of his fans don't like this album, but after listening today I'm impressed by how good it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.