Tuesday 25 June 2019

Trojan War (3 Stars)


This film has the dubious honour of having the lowest success rate on my blog, so far. Supposedly it earned $309 at the box office after being made with a $15 million budget. I can see that it's no masterpiece, but it didn't deserve to be such a flop.

The film is about a high school student called Brad. For years he's had a crush on his fellow student Brooke. They've hardly ever spoken, but a Biology test is imminent and she asks him to help her study. Brooke's boyfriend Kyle acts like a jerk and accuses her of wanting to do more than study, but she brushes him off.

It really should just have been studying, but all the talk about pollination, insemination and penetration gets Brooke aroused, and she wants to have sex with Brad. Lucky Brad. I used to help girls with Computer Science, but they were never turned on when I talked about loops, arrays and integers. The problem is that Brad doesn't have a condom, so he rushes out to get one, and one calamity after another follows. His car is stolen, he's kidnapped, he gets involved in a car chase, he's arrested, and there are too many other things to list here.

Brad's an idiot. I have to say it. He's fantasised over Brooke for years, but he's never noticed that his best friend Leah is in love with him. In case you're wondering, Brooke is the blonde and Leah is the brunette, played by Jennifer Love Hewitt. They say that gentlemen prefer blondes, but in that case I'm not a gentleman. I would have been fantasising over Leah.


So who do you prefer? Brooke?


Or Leah? As far as I'm concerned, it's no contest.


Leah isn't just beautiful, she's a crazy freak. Perfect! I get the impression that Jennifer Love Hewitt is playing herself. She's the sort of girl who could make me laugh, and that's one of the most important ingredients in a relationship.

The DVD is long out of print. If you're lucky you might be able to pick up a second hand copy on Ebay.

Success Rate:  - 48543.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.