Friday 22 October 2021

Mosquito State (1½ Stars)


This is the 23rd film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

Richard Boca is a brilliant mathematician, but socially inept. At university he studied bees, and he's written a computer program based on his studies that predicts stock market developments. Weird. He's become a millionaire working for a company on Wall Street, but whenever he's not at work he spends his time alone.

One day he's bitten by a mosquito. His face swells, but he learns to live with the mosquito. He lets mosquitos breed in his apartment, and he lives in a symbiotic relationship with them. They feed on his blood, and he controls them.

This is a Polish film, but made with English dialogue. I haven't labelled it as Polish, because my labels refer to the film's spoken language, not where it was made. The film has won multiple awards at film festivals, but I don't like it. It's an ugly film. I don't like bugs, especially bugs that bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.