Saturday 9 October 2021

Elizabeth Harvest (4 Stars)


I'm glad that I write this blog. I always enjoy blogging, but sometimes little things happen that make me feel especially glad. This film is an example. I saw it three years ago in Stuttgart's Fantasy Film Festival. Then I forgot about it. That's not senility, it's something that can easily happen. I watched 16 films in six days, so it's difficult for me to remember them all. Last week I was reminded of the film when I saw a trailer for it on the Blu-ray of "Paradise Hills". (Yes, I always watch the trailers on DVDs and Blu-ray discs). I recognised it as something I'd already seen, so I looked up my old review, and I seemed to have liked it. A few clicks on Amazon, and two days later I had the shiny new Blu-ray disc in my hand.

I don't just write my blog for others. I write it for myself. It's my film diary. It's a record of every single film that I've watched since September 2010. If you're a film fan, I strongly recommend that you do the same. Apart from myself, I only know one person who keeps a record of all the films he watches. He's been doing it for longer than me, for more than 40 years! His record is offline, his early films in a notebook, his later films in an Excel spreadsheet, but at least he has it all written down. It would be (relatively) to convert his spreadsheet to text and put it in a blog for everyone to read. I need to have a talk with him.


Elizabeth Kellenberg is newly married to Dr. Henry Kellenberg, a Nobel Prize winner. He lives in a beautiful mansion in the countryside, far away from the nearest neighbours. The only other ones who live in the house are Henry's son Oliver, and the maid Claire. Elizabeth doesn't understand why a brilliant man like him would marry a simple girl like her. One possible reason is her looks. Six foot tall, red hair, blue eyes and a dimple in her chin. I admit that I've always been fascinated by women with a dimple in their chin. She's played by the Australian supermodel Abbey Lee. Evidently I'm not the only one who finds her beautiful.


Henry finds her so beautiful that he can't take his eyes off her.


Elizabeth finds herself so beautiful that she has to kiss her reflection in the mirror. That must be the ultimate in narcissism.

The film starts off slowly, but it soon becomes obvious that it's a horror film with a science fiction background. After 25 minutes Henry kills Elizabeth, hacking her to death with a machete. After 49 minutes Elizabeth kills Henry, stabbing him in the neck with a kitchen knife. How can that be? It's a mystery that slowly unravels. It's a film that I enjoyed at the Fantasy Film Festival, and I'm glad that I rediscovered it three years later.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.