Tuesday 11 July 2023

Shazam (5 Stars)


I didn't mention in my pervious reviews of "Shazam" that John Glover appears in a small role as the father of the film's villain, Dr. Thaddeus Silvana. We see him in the opening scene in 1974 and in the present day, presumably 2019. He doesn't seem to have aged in the 45 years. That's appropriate. His age isn't stated in the film, but John was 73 when he made the film, and he looks much younger. He has good hair for his age, more grey streaks than he had 20 years ago in "Smallville", but still attractive enough to make me jealous. As a teenager I had beautiful long hair, which I foolishly (?) cut short when I started working after university. I had my first bald patch in my mid thirties, which grew steadily larger, until it was so big that I started to shave my head when I was 45. In retrospect, I should have paid a few thousand Euros for hair transplant. A friend of mine underwent the procedure, and his new hair looks very realistic. It's too late now.

I watched "Shazam" today because I bought the second Shazam film while I was on holiday in England. I want to prepare myself, because I missed it in the cinema while I was ill last year. If I remember correctly, I was already back home, but I was too unwell to go to the cinema. I missed at least two months of good films. Blu-ray discs are a reasonable alternative, but they don't live up to the experience of a cinema.

Success Rate:  + 2.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.