Saturday 13 February 2021

John Wick 2 (5 Stars)


Maybe I should change the title of this film. It was called "John Wick 2" when it was released in 2017, but its official name is now "John Wick Chapter 2". The first film has also been renamed "John Wick Chapter 1". 

Let's face it, Keanu Reeves has never been a great actor. It wasn't until "The Matrix" that a film was made that suited his cold performances. I thought that "The Matrix" would be the film he'd always be remembered for in his signature role as Neo. "The Matrix" is a better film, but I've changed my mind about Keanu Reeves. His signature role is John Wick, and that's how he'll always be remembered.

For some time I've been tempted to make an official kill count of the John Wick films. I've never got round to it. I don't have the patience to sit with my finger hovering over the pause button. Luckily, others have had the same idea and more patience. The kill count is supposedly:

John Wick Chapter 1: 77 kills
John Wick Chapter 2: 128 kills
John Wick Chapter 3: 94 kills

I'm not guaranteeing the numbers are correct. It's just what I've read. It's not easy to count the kills, because John always shoots his victims multiple times. He lives by two principles:

1) Never shoot someone once when two bullets are enough.

2) Never shoot someone twice when three bullets are enough.

I feel tempted to watch all three John Wick films back to back, but I don't want to delay my top 100 film countdown any more. I'll watch "John Wick 3" soon, I promise.

Success Rate:  + 2.3

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.