Saturday 13 February 2021

Wine: Besigheimer Felsengarten Schwarzriesling Weißherbst

It's difficult for me to describe this wine, or even rate it. It's a typical Württemberg wine, but the taste is so light that you might think there's no alcohol in it. The label says the alcoholic content is 11%, but you probably won't notice it.

Please don't call it a rosé wine. It always annoys me when people can't differentiate between rosé and Weißherbst (late autumn) wines. The pale colour is the same, but the wines are made differently. In this case, the colour is a result of the grapes not being picked until after the first frost. Weißherbst wines are usually more expensive, because they're produced in smaller quantities. This wine is surprisingly cheap, the same price as the normal Schwarzriesling wines.

Is this a good wine? It's a matter of taste. It's a sweet wine, and I don't usually drink sweet wines. I need to buy another bottle. I feel it might grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.