Thursday 25 February 2021

Night Vamps (3 Stars)


Today I saw this DVD lying in my shelf and realised I hadn't watched it since I first bought it in 2006. This amazed me, because Glori-Anne Gilbert is one of the most beautiful actresses I know. It's difficult to find her films, because most of them were made by Jim Wynorski, who doesn't release many of his films on DVD. I checked the case and saw that "Night Vamps" was directed by Everette Hartsoe. That's a shame. Everette is a good writer and artist, having written excellent comics like "Razor", but he lacks skill as a director. Nevertheless, I decided to watch the film again.

I saw the problem as soon as the film started. The picture is poor and fuzzy. It was made in 1998, and it's obvious that the film was transferred from video tape to DVD at a later date. There are even the small flashing pixels at the bottom of the screen that are typical for poor quality video tapes.

The film is a series of solo scenes with sexy women, introduced by Glori-Anne Gilbert. 

"My name is Glori-Anne. Welcome to the lair of sinful thoughts. I will show all of you the meaning of unbridled lust. When you set eyes on these exquisite Night Vamps you will know the meaning of satisfaction. So sit back, relax and loosen your belt buckle, because all Hell is going to break loose".


That certainly sounds promising. Imagine my disappointment when the first woman appeared. Her name is Kelly Jaye, and she's suffering the aftermath of a poor quality boob job. The first thing you see is the scars. There's a 10 minute shower scene, after which she sits on the bed rubbing lotion over her upper body. It's not pleasant. Even worse is that she doesn't smile throughout the two scenes. If she doesn't enjoy performing nude, she should look for a new job.


The second girl is introduced as Lovette. She performs four scenes: (1) a striptease, (2) putting on red lingerie, (3) dancing in a short dress and (4) putting on white lingerie. Once more, I didn't find her particularly attractive, but at least she smiled. The third scene was the sexiest, even though she was fully clothed.


Then things finally picked up. The third girl is Brittany Andrews. Wow! She's just perfect! I watched a lot of videos of her in the late 1990's when I had my first Internet connection. She was known as the Queen of Trampling. She made videos fully naked, jumping up and down on men's stomachs. The videos were unbelievably erotic. How did the men do it? I would have been screaming for help after the first jump.


There are four scenes with Brittany: (1) a naked dance, (2) eating a banana, (3) putting on white lingerie and (4) rubbing lotion into her body. No trampling, unfortunately, but the sight of Brittany licking and sucking a banana makes up for it.


The scenes would have been more erotic if the picture had been better.


Finally, Glori-Anne Gilbert performs a striptease on the bed. It's just a single scene and far too short. I bought the DVD because of Glori-Anne on the cover, and I was short-changed. I understand now why I didn't watch this film for 15 years, and I doubt I'll watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.