Sunday 21 February 2021

Rush Hour 3 (4½ Stars)


This film doesn't appeal to me quite as much as the two previous films. It's funnier than the first two films, especially the first half, but that's the problem I have with it. I find that there's too much comedy and not enough action. There aren't as many of the fights in which Jackie Chan excels.

It's also a matter of the placement of the comedy. In the first film Chris Tucker was the comedian, and Jackie Chan was the straight guy, apart from his fights, which are always comical. In the second film we had comedy from Jackie Chan. In this film he's even funnier. He should have remained the straight guy.

This was the least successful film in the Rush Hour series, only scoring a 0.1 success rate after 5.4 and 1.9 for the first two parts. This led to the series being cancelled, which is a shame, because I think there were a lot of ideas that could still have been used. In recent years there have been talks about making a new film, possibly a spin-off without Jackie Chan. That worries me. I have my doubts that it will be a good film. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Success Rate:  + 0.1

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.