Tuesday 19 November 2019

Death Proof (5 Stars)


By watching "Death Proof" today I'm one step closer to my promise to watch at least one film by all four of my favourite directors this month. You don't know who they are? Shame on you! Go back and check my review of "Shadow" to find the list.

I also promised that when I rewatch Quentin Tarantino's films (not necessarily in the order they were released) I'll pay added attention to his foot fetish. "Death Proof" shows more naked female feet than any of his other films. I've already pointed this out in my previous reviews, but this time I'll make an attempt to be complete, showing photos from all the major foot scenes.


These feet belong to Arlene, played by Vanessa Ferlito. I don't recognise her from any other films.


When she relaxes on the couch we see double. Or is it quadruple?


And there's a bare foot film poster on her wall!


In the car, the feet on the back seat belong to DJ Jungle Julia, played by Sydney Poitier. another actress I don't know.


There are posters of Jungle Julia scattered around Austin, Texas. Barefoot, of course.


This poster is even better.


Julia is relaxing on a table.


Now she's stretching her feet over a chair, and Eli Roth stops to stare.


Here are Arlene's wet feet in the rain.


Arlene gives Kurt Russell a lap dance. Ulp! At least her feet are dry by now.


He's enjoying the dance a lot.


I'd be enjoying it as well, even if I couldn't see her feet from that angle. Too much hair in my face.


Now Arlene sits in the back of the car while Julia puts her feet out of the front window.


On to the second half of the film. Abernathy stretches her feet out of the car window while they're parked at a strip mall in Lebanon, Tennessee.


Kurt Russell is fascinated.


He has to stare closely at the feet.


He has to touch the feet. That's creepy.


He even has to lick the toes. That's taking it too far. Can you be arrested for that? If not, you ought to be.


Here we see all of Abernathy, and wow! It's none other than Rosario Dawson, one of the sexiest women in America.


And what do the girls talk about in the back of the car? Boyfriends and foot massages. Naturally.

I think that's at least one photo from all of the foot scenes. If I've forgotten any, please let me know.

After bingeing on feet in this review I'll drop the topic the next time I watch the film. Yes, I'm sure to watch it again.

I emphasise strongly that it's Quentin Tarantino who has a foot fetish, not me. I have many, many fetishes, but feet aren't one of them. There are, however, two examples of my fetishes in the film.


I love short shorts...


... and I love looking up cheerleaders' skirts. Or any short skirts.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.