Saturday 9 November 2019

Zombieland (5 Stars)


This is my seventh horror film in November 2019. Don't get it mixed up with "Zombieland: Double Tap", which is in cinemas at the moment. I'm writing about the original 2009 film, which I didn't watch until today. It's not a coincidence that I watched it. It was added to Netflix Germany for the first time last week, and I decided to watch it before I go to see the sequel in the cinema.

It's a fun film throughout, much better than I expected it to be. It takes place a few years after a zombie apocalypse has wiped out almost all of the world's population, or at least almost all of America's population, where the film takes place.

It's also a boys vs girls film. Woody Harrison and Jesse Eisenberg play two tough but naive men fighting to survive in a world full of zombies. Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin play two scheming young women who use their female wiles as a means of survival. They manage to con the men not once, not twice but three times before they finally decide it's better to team up with them.

This is a great film that deserves a better review, but I'm so short of time today that I'll have to keep it short and promise to write more next time I watch it.

Success Rate:  + 2.3

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.