Wednesday 13 November 2019

Wine: Eberbach-Schäfer Trollinger Comparison


Today was my first opportunity to directly compare the two Eberbach-Schäfer wines, the Trollinger and the Dry Trollinger. Before I began with the comparison I expected to prefer the dry variant, but as I sampled them I found myself unable to decide between the two. They are both excellent wines. When drinking them alternately the standard Trollinger tastes sweet, but that isn't the impression that I get when drinking it by itself.

To improve the comparison, I added a third wine, a Trollinger from the Haberschlachter Heuchelberg. This wine has the taste that I associate with Trollinger wines, a smoother taste, though less mild than the Eberbach-Schäfer Trollinger. All three are very good wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.