Sunday 3 November 2019

Anna and the Apocalypse (5 Stars)


It's too late for Halloween and too early for Christmas, but this is still a film that can be watched all year round. I'm not 100% certain about the passage of time, but we see a calendar with the date of 23rd December, after which at least one day passes. The final scene takes place either on the 24th or the 25th, I'm not sure. I'll have to watch more carefully next time.


I've heard that some people don't like this film. I don't know why. It's utterly amazing. It's everything that "La La Land" isn't. It has first class singers and dancers in the main roles. It has action and excitement, plus heartbreak and tragedy. Added to that, it has zombies. "Anna and the Apocalypse" deserves the Best Film award if any film ever did. I would have included it in my list of best films for 2018, but I had to omit it on a technicality. My best film list only includes films that I saw in the cinema, and I missed "Anna and the Apocalypse", because it was being shown at awkward times that would have meant me missing the last bus home. That sucks. I wish I'd seen it on the big screen.

It's thrilling to watch Anna the Zombie Slayer as she leaps through the air, killing zombies on all sides without missing a note of her songs. Unlike Buffy, she's unable to save the world, but at least she can save herself.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.