Wednesday 21 October 2020

TV Series: Dexter


This is definitely a Dexter week for me. My son Benjamin doesn't want to watch anything else, and I'm in no mood to deny him. He says it's one of the best series he's ever seen. I agree.

I'm showing a photo of Jennifer Carpenter as Debra Morgan, because anyone who's watched "Dexter" knows that she's the most important character after Dexter himself. She's his main anchor in the normal world of feelings and emotions. They're brother and sister by adoption; Dexter was adopted, Debra was the real child in the family. Harry Morgan spent more time with Dexter than with his real daughter, which made her grow up trying to be worthy of her father, even after his death. She even became a police officer in orderto please him.

I have to admit, if I met a person like Debra Morgan in real life, I wouldn't like her. Her foul mouth and constant swearing would put me off. Nevertheless, she fits perfectly into the series. I feel for her in her constant disappointments in her relationships. She's always looking for love in the wrong places.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.