Tuesday 20 October 2020

General: Why I love Amazon


I'm an Amazon Associate. That means I've signed up to receive a small percentage from the sale of any items that I recommend in my blog. I'm also an Amazon customer. I placed my first order with Amazon way back in July 2003. In recent years many of my friends have been criticising Amazon as a company, using various arguments as criticism, but it all boils down to the fact that they're jealous of Amazon's owner, Jeff Bezos, being the richest man in the world. Now, I'm the first to say that any person with over a hundred million dollars in the bank is too rich, but the reason he's rich is because his company is so good. Let me give you an example of why I love Amazon so much.

On Prime Day (13th October) I ordered a security camera, reduced in price from 72 Euros to 10 Euros. Today I received an email that the camera was damaged in transit, so I've been refunded. I rang up to complain, saying I didn't want a refund, I wanted a replacement, because if I re-ordered now I'd have to pay the full price. The lovely lady on the phone told me that the refund has already been processed, but to make up for my problems they'll send me a camera completely free of charge! I love Amazon!

It's only a few Euros, and it won't make a dent in Jeff Bezos' fortune, but it's enough to make me happy. How many other companies would be so obliging? Not many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.