Thursday 22 October 2020

TV Series: Dexter Season 1


Today I finished watching the first season of "Dexter". I loved it the first time I watched it, nine years ago, but I'm getting more out of it the second time round. I remember parts of the series in vivid detail, but I forgot many other parts, and I'm discovering them anew.

One of the strengths of "Dexter" is the powerful supporting cast. Lieutenant Maria LaGuerta and Sergeant James Doakes are just two of them. LaGuerta is dedicated to her work, but she's shown to have many failings for her position. Doakes is the only one in the Miami Metro Police Department who suspects that something is wrong with Dexter.


I have a feeling that season one's story was rushed. What I mean is, Dexter meets his brother Brian Moser, who wants to reconnect with him after being separated years ago. This sort of back-to-the-beginning story is something that would have been better in the third season of a typical series. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy the first season, but it's a story that could have been delayed until later.

Benjamin and I have watched the first season over a period of five days. He'll only be with me another two days, so I don't think it's a good idea to start the second season. It would be a shame for him to have a long delay half way through. I'll ask him what he thinks.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.