Saturday 1 January 2022

Karen Mantler - 1.04 - Breaking up


This is the fourth track of the album "My Cat Arnold", which was released in 1989.

Karen's vocals are in normal text.

The Man's vocals are in italics and indented.

In written form the interwoven texts look confusing. When you listen to the song itself it's easy to understand.



Breaking up

Think of the good things, there were so many.
    How could this happen? It shouldn't be this way.
What can I do
    You could say you still love me.
except
    You could always need me.
love you?

    Maybe tomorrow things will seem better.
I'm really sorry, I don't know what to say.
    You can say you love me,
What can
    Tell me you need me.
I do
    Can't you see I love you, love you?
except
    Please don't go away.
love you?

Sooner or later everything changes.
    Maybe it's over, or has it just begun?
    Please don't leave.
What can I do
    You can love me, you can love me.
except
    You can just lay back and think about it.
love you?
What can I do
    We came together,
except
    I know we can work this out.
love you?
    You can't up and leave me, you just can't up and go,
What can
    Cos baby, baby, I'm the one for you.
I do
    Don't you know? Oh no, oh no, please, please don't go.
except
    Baby, baby,
love you?
    I don't know what I can do.
What can
    I don't know what I'm gonna do,
I do
    I don't know where I'm gonna be.
except
    I'm just standing right here next to you.
love you?
    Baby,
What can
    Baby,
I do
    I just don't know how to deal with this.
except love you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.