Saturday 1 January 2022

Karen Mantler - 1.02 - My Stove


This is the second track of the album "My Cat Arnold", which was released in 1989.

Karen's vocals are in normal text.

The Man's vocals are in italics and indented.



My Stove

All alone, it gets cold with no stove,
Can't eat, cos my food is raw,
Oh, I need my stove.
He moved to another town,
Now I will follow.
I thought this was my home,
Without my stove it's not the same.
How can I stay here alone?
I've got to move to be with him,
But what if it's over?
What will I do?
Cos I love a lot of gas,
I swear I'll never get another stove.

    Well let me introduce you to the many vast varieties of stoves available to you today.
    Now over here on the left we have the outdoor type of stove,
    Climb the mountains, run into the rocks, run into the valleys, streams and things like that. His name is Stove Clove. He happens to be a very nice stove.
Well I don't know.
    But if you have any doubts about that, we have another type of stove by the bed, by the bed burner. Bunsen.
Well, I don't know. I had a stove and I really miss that stove, and I don't think it's right to get another stove.
    Ah that old stove, those old stoves.
    Come on, you've got to get something better now.

    What you see are the various varieties available to you. 
    Any choice, anything you want can be yours.
Well maybe you've got something, one of the others.
    Maybe you want something like Steve, the manly type,
    The type that hangs out late at night in bars, comes home when it's light,
    That's the Woodrow Stove.
Yeah, umm, no, I don't know.
    Maybe you want something that you can control a little bit. With many knobs and dials you can turn. You know, to take control, to take total control.
Maybe another one. He left town.
    Well, I'll tell you this. Some stoves will never leave you. Some stoves will stay right there with you.
They all sound pretty good.
    Let's see... this stove named Franklin... Stove Franklin, he's a good man, good man.
Ah, yeah, hmm... well, maybe.
    Well, you know, don't jump right in, you can try a few, you can try a stove a week, a stove a week.
Well, yeah, I think, can I get them all, maybe, and just decide on which one I want?
    Well, maybe it's a possibility.

    Now listen to this:
    This stove will burn you up,
    This stove will make you hot,
    This stove will make you move.
Sounds good. 
    That's right, it certainly does.
I'll take it. But, I don't know... can you deliver?
    Oh, it's there, it's there, baby. This stove is there.
Okay.
    I have to commend you on your wonderful choice.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.