Sunday 2 January 2022

Karen Mantler - 2.04 - My Organ


This is the fourth track of the album "Karen Mantler and her cat Arnold get the flu", which was released in 1990.

All lyrics are sung by Karen Mantler.

There's something that doesn't make sense. In the song she says that her organ is too big to lift through the door, but in the first half of the second verse she says that she insists on taking it with her everywhere she goes.



My Organ

Down in the basement, that's where it lives,
So large, no one can lift it,
It won't fit through the door,
But that's no reason to let it sit there all alone.
You might think it's the weight,
But I can't live without it,
I need my organ.

Sometimes people ask me, could I leave it at home?
I tell them, if I can't take my organ with me
Then I don't want to go.
I love that organ, but it's too heavy, my MV3.
What a glorious sound nothing else could replace,
I need my organ.

If I were stronger I'd lift it myself,
Till then, hey you with the muscles,
Won't you give me a hand
With my organ? It's just too heavy, my MV3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.