Sunday 2 January 2022

Karen Mantler - 2.09 - I'm not such a bad guy


This is the ninth track of the album "Karen Mantler and her cat Arnold get the flu", which was released in 1990.

Karen's vocals are in normal text.

The Man's vocals are in italics and indented.

Vocals by the group are in bold italics and indented.



I'm not such a bad guy

    Tell me, what have I done?
    The way you treat me,
    It's not fair.
    It seems to me that I scare you,
    I don't know why,
    I've never hurt you,
    You've got it all wrong.
    Please believe me, I'm not such a bad guy.
    He's not such a bad guy.
    Why can't you see I'm nice?

    This time you've gone too far,
    If you can't trust me, well baby, it's your loss,
    I've tried so hard to be friendly,
    Oh, but you don't care.
    The way you're treating me,
    It's really not fair.
    Please believe me, I'm not such a bad guy.
    He's not such a bad guy.
    Why can't you see I'm nice?
    Yeah, I'm a really super nice guy.

Oh come, since when have you ever been nice?
    Listen to me when I'm telling you, I'm a, I'm a, I'm a changed man.
Oh, I'll believe that when I see it.
    Oh, you know, I could never, never do you harm.
But remember when you, that time when you...
    I know you're searching in the back of your mind for something,
It's not hard.
    But you know you can't find it.
Oh yes I can.

    I'm not such a bad guy.
    Won't you listen to me when I'm talking to you?
    I'm so sweet, I make your teeth hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.