Friday 1 September 2023

Masha and the Bear 2.2.1 - La Dolce Vita


This episode was first broadcast on 22nd June 2013. As is often the case, it mixes different themes in a six-minute video.


It's a sunny day in beautiful Russia. Bear is woken up by his alarm clock.


It's a fishing clock that maps out his day.


Bear is about to leave when Masha arrives. She wants him to make her breakfast. Can't she make her own breakfast?


Cornflakes are perfect for a little Russian girl. Yummy!


But she pushes them away.


How about fried egg? 


No. What's wrong with her?


She even refuses a delicious baguette.


It's already getting late, so Bear can't waste any more time.


He grabs the unwanted baguette and runs to the river as fast as he can.


Bear's nemesis, the Black Bear, is just leaving after a successful day of fishing.


According to the clock, which he's keeping strapped to his wrist, fishing is over. But it's still worth a try.


No. It's too late.


At least he can eat the delicious baguette while he's sitting alone,


Eventually he trudges home with his empty bucket. Have you ever seen such a miserable bear?


But what's Masha been doing in Bear's house? She's still hungry, so she goes out into the garden. She picks strawberries, raspberries and apples.


There's sugar in the cupboard, on a high shelf out of her reach. Or so Bear thinks. Masha knows how to use a ladder.


She's an expert cook. Look at the lollipop.


Soon she has dozens, which she quickly eats.


Bear comes home and tells her to clean her teeth.


But there's still one left.


Evidently nobody ever told Masha how to eat lollipops. You shouldn't bite them, you should lick them slowly. Masha bites hard, and her tooth breaks.


Bear suggests pulling it out with his fishing rod.


Masha is scared, but she lets him do it.


No, it doesn't work.


How about attaching the line to his bike?


Round and round his house he rides. Bear is just a blur. But where's Masha?


She's sitting on his bike. All that effort for nothing!


There's only one thing left. Bear carries her, kicking and screaming, to the wolves.


They put her in a dental chair. I'd be scared of those dentists as well.


No anaesthetic.


But it goes surprisingly well. The wolves give her back to Bear, and he's happy with the result. I hope it was one of her milk teeth.


That's a beautiful tooth for the Tooth Fairy. When Masha gets her rouble in the morning she should sell it fast. Vladimir Putin's war against Ukraine has made the rouble's value collapse, and it'll get even worse if Russia doesn't surrender soon.


The next morning Masha finds a few lollipops that Bear hid from her. Has she learnt her lesson?


Not quite. She still bites her lollipops, but she cleans her teeth after every bite. Girls will be girls.

The End.



Sweet Tooth's Song

If all day long I sat and munched on candy
Life would be improved by as much as can be,
It'd be easy as a piece of cake.

Every time I see a truck selling ice-cream
I run up to it very fast, and I scream,
"Give me a zillion billion, give or take!"

They say that soon all my teeth are gonna break
And that I will have a terrible toothache.
No, that's a mistake,
My teeth will not break!

I eat a bunch of lollipops and sucker,
Something in my mouth crumbles down like crackers,
I'm so terrified I cannot cry.

I cracked my tooth and now I need the dentist.
Please, doctor, tell me how big the dent is.
Will I ever smile? What if I try?

Am I to kiss all my greatest hopes goodbye,
That one day I'll eat the biggest apple pie?
Life will pass me by.
Someone, tell me why!

Children, now you know the hard truth,
Here's the whitest pearl of wisdom,
If you wanna keep your sweet tooth,
Get your brushes, clean it with them!

Children, now you know the hard truth,
Here's the whitest pearl of wisdom,
If you wanna keep your sweet tooth,
Get your brushes, clean it with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.