Thursday 7 September 2023

The Truman Show (5 Stars)


I recently rebought "The Truman Show" on the recommendation of Jeff from the YouTube channel "Films At Home". He's someone whose opinion I respect when it comes to buying 4K discs. He said that the 4K release of "The Truman Show" is much better than anything that's been available until now. I can see what he means. The Blu-ray disc I've been watching until now isn't that bad, but it was made in the early days of Blu-ray, and there was room for improvement.

Today I watched the film paying close attention to the video quality. I didn't see much difference in the first ten minutes, but as the film progressed I was bowled over by the quality. It's the most impressive in the last 30 minutes. It's true that when I paused the film I could see occasional dirt specks on the picture, but what else can you expect from a film made with a film camera?

I've watched "The Truman Show" more often than any other film, more than 30 times. Is it possible to still take a new message? Today it hit me that the only way for Truman to discover the nature of the world around him is to overcome his fears. He's been afraid of water all his life, but he climbs into a boat and sails into the unknown. Can I do that? Am I capable of doing something I've never done before, instead of relaxing and accepting the world as it's presented to me? Probably not.

Success Rate:  + 2.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.