Monday 25 September 2023

Girl Unknown (4 Stars)


This is the 21st film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

At the beginning of the film there's a text screen in which the director requests that the audience doesn't tell anyone about the content of the film, because there are many items in the film's later scenes that could be considered spoilers. I'll follow his wish, by only describing the first two minutes.

A young girl meets a man online and arranges to see him in a local park. Online he'd said he was 16, but he's obviously much older.

I greatly enjoyed the film's slow development and the build-up of tension. Surprisingly, I was one of the few people in the cinema who liked it. The people sitting on both sides of me found the film disappointing. It was a mixture of the film's unpleasant subject matter and the slow pacing. I liked it, and I can recommend it. Make up your own minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.