Thursday 28 September 2023

Survivor (4 Stars)


Three films in one day? I think I still have momentum after the film festival.

"Survivor" is another film that I discovered on the ZDF Mediathek today, so I watched it dubbed into German. I knew nothing about it in advance. I was attracted by the actors Pierce Brosnan and Robert Forster. It's an American film that feeds on the 9/11 paranoia. Kate Abbott (Milla Jovovich) is a diplomat at the American Embassy in London who examines visa applications to spot potential terrorists. She blocks the visa of Emil Balan, a Romanian scientist, because she finds it suspicious that he's visiting a medical congress. He protests, and her decision is overruled. But we see that he's involved in a plot to detonate a bomb at the New Year's celebrations in Times Square.

An assassin known only as the Watchmaker (Pierce Brosnan) is hired to kill her. By luck, she leaves the restaurant where a bomb has been planted, but several of her embassy colleagues are killed. Kate is blamed for the bomb. There's an exciting chase through London, fleeing from the police while the Watchmaker is still trying to catch her.

"Survivor" is a film with blockbuster potential, but somehow it didn't attract enough viewers to make it a success. I enjoyed the film, but I don't think I'll watch it again.

Success Rate:  - 5.1

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.