Thursday 28 September 2023

Mandy (5 Stars)


I've mentioned a few times that I was disappointed with this year's Fantasy Film Festival. It wasn't always like this. "Mandy" was the opening film in the 2018 Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival. It's an incredible film on so many different levels. The cinematography is brilliant, and so is the music. I strongly recommend turning the volume up as loud as you can. Headphones are okay, but it's better to play it over loudspeakers so that the music envelops the room.

Recently a friend (who doesn't live in Germany) told me that "Mandy" only looks good on an OLED television. I wish I knew someone with a television like that locally so that I can make a comparison. I've been reluctant to buy an OLED television because they're too big for my room. I sit only 185 cm (73 inches) away from my screen. I measured it. According to the "experts", the ideal distance for sitting from the television is 1.6 times the size of the screen. i.e. if you have a 43" screen, you should be sitting 69 inches (175 cm) from the screen. The smallest OLED screens used to be 55", which would be 88 inches (223 cm), but I've read that there are now 48" screens (77 inches, 195 cm viewing distance). That would be almost right for me. I need to check them out in the stores. I usually watch television by myself, directly in front of the screen, but OLED is supposedly better for watching at an angle when I'm watching with my son or my grandchildren.

Or maybe I should get myself a bigger room.

Success Rate:  - 5.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.