Monday 11 September 2023

The Equalizer 3 (4½ Stars)


Some films are worth seeing in the cinema more than once. I went to see "The Equalizer 3" a week ago, and it fascinated me. Robert McCall is so different to John Wick. He doesn't rush into a battle with his guns blazing. It's not a bullet ballet. Robert McCall times his action fastidiously. He's always looking at his watch, whether it's nine seconds or six minutes. He's a man of habit, habits that could be called an obsessive compulsive disorder. When he sits in a cafe he spreads two napkins on the table before he begins to drink.

The film ends with him settling in Altamonte, a small town on the Italian coast. He's just passing through, but he likes the place so much that he doesn't want to leave. Is it that easy? Doesn't he need a visa or a residency permit? I don't know what the laws in Italy are, so I shan't argue about it.

"The Equalizer 3" is a film that will find its way into my Blu-ray collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.