Sunday 1 January 2023

General: Top Films of 2022


This is my personal list of the 10 best films of the year. As I remind you each year, to qualify for inclusion in the list I must have seen the film in the cinema during the year. This year I watched 71 films in the cinema, slightly more than last year (48). I missed a lot of films in April and May while I was suffering with a lung infection, but I don't think it's distorted my list. One thing I'd like to point out is that it's the first time since 2015 that there haven't been any Marvel films in my list.


Many of my friends hate this film, but I love it. Over-the-top action.


A last minute addition to my list.


The best multiverse film of the year.


Maybe this film should be higher in my list. I need to watch it again soon.


Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton are the perfect dream team.


I almost didn't include this film after seeing it in the cinema, but I changed my mind about it after watching it on Blu-ray.


Despite its high position in the list, I'm still disappointed. This film should have been the best film of the year.


A beautiful film, full of suspense.


I have a Finnish film in my top 10 list almost every year.


A crazy Italian film about super-powered beings in Italy in WW2.



Please post comments, letting me know any films I've omitted in your opinion. I'd love to see the personal top 10 lists of any of my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.