Monday 10 April 2023

Artificial Intelligence Artwork, Day 1


Three months ago I decided I wanted to look into the possibilities of using artificial intelligence to create artwork. I'd been reading for months that AI can create art that's of such high quality that people can be fooled into believing that it was drawn by a real person. Three months ago I was confused by the possibilities, so I abandoned it. Last night my grandson went to bed earlier than expected, so I sat down to play around with Stable Diffusion. The results were amazing. Within an hour I generated four pictures (the following four pictures). After that I made another 51 pictures. Actually I made more, but I deleted the ones that I didn't like.





Why have I created photos of Japanese schoolgirls instead of beautiful sunsets or abstract science fiction scenes? Anybody who asks that question obviously doesn't know me.

As I said above, I created 55 works of art. Based on the timestamps of the images, that took me three hours. I was hooked. I could have stayed awake all night, but common sense prevailed.

The technology isn't yet perfect. Some of the pictures were duds. There were pictures in which girls had three arms or distorted faces. There were even nude pictures in which girls had nipples on their elbows. I tried in vain to create a picture of two girls kissing. That seems to be beyond the capabilities of the AI software so far. In some pictures the shadows were wrong.

In this post I'll publish my 20 favourite pictures. Please examine them and tell me what you think. They're the result of less than three hours of experimenting. Future attempts will hopefully yield better results. I want to find someone who has more experience with Stable Diffusion to give me tips on what to do next.
















It seems to be the same girl in every picture, except for the last picture. It stands out from the rest. The girl looks younger. I can't remember what parameters I gave the program. I must have done something different.

I'll try again in a few days. Maybe I'll create better works of art. Maybe they'll be the same level. Wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.