Friday 21 April 2023

Talk To Me (4 Stars)


This is the sixth film in the Stuttgart Nights Festival.

I predict that "Talk to me" will kick off a new film franchise with multiple sequels. It's an open ended story that's easy to continue. Whether the sequels will be as good as the original film is another question.

A teenager has come into possession of an embalmed hand. It's a plaster cast on the outside, but inside the plaster there's the skeleton hand of a psychic. The boy uses the hand for a party game. Someone has to hold the hand and say "Talk to me". When he does that he sees a dead person that's invisible to everyone else. Then he has to say "I let you in", and he's possessed by the dead person. When he lets go of the hand, the possession is over. The teenagers at the party do this for 90 seconds each, and they make videos to post on social media. 

As you can expect, letting yourself be possessed by a dead person isn't safe, even if it's only for 90 seconds. There are consequences.

This is one of the most original films I've seen in recent years. I want to watch it again as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.